There has been a lot of development going on when it comes to coming to an solution to ios 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak from Pod2g and he finally announced and successfully managed to get an iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak.People from Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Team ‘s made this come true.I know you have been waiting too long for this and this has finally yeilded the fruits of hard work.Coming to the point ios 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak can now be possible through Absinthe 2.o.Absinthe 2.o. is available on Mac OsX , Windows and Linux operating systems.
Below you will find the links to Download Absinthe 2.o and a how to guide to perform ios 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Absinthe is compatible with most recent iOS devices running iOS 5.1.1, including the new iPad (iPad 3), the iPhone 4S, the iPad 2, the iPhone 4, iPod touch 4th generation, iPhone 3GS, etc.
Currently you can do a iOS 5.1.1 unthethered jailbreak on the following apple devices:
iPad1,1 – 2,1 – 2,2 – 2,3 – 3,1 – 3,2 – 3,3
iPhone2,1 – 3,1 – 3,3 – 4,1
iPod3,1 – 4,1
(Support for iPad2,4 will be added at a later date)
iPhone 4 CDMA
iPad 2 GSM/CDMA/Wi-Fi
iPad 3 Wifi/CDMA/Global
Apple TV 2
Apple TV 3
Download Absinthe 2.o iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak tool for Mac OSX(10.5, 10.6, 10.7)
Download Absinthe 2.o iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak tool for Windows(XP/Vista/Win7)
Download Absinthe 2.o iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak tool for Linux(x86/x86_64)
Note : Please extract the absinthe-win-2.0.1.exe to a reasonable location like the Desktop or your My Documents folder, then double click it.This will extract the whole Absinthe files into a new folder “absinthe-win-2.0.1″.Go to this folder and run absinthe.exe to run the actual Absinthe jailbreak application.
Steps on How to Use Absinthe 2.o to do a iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak (if you’re un-jailbroken)
- First you need to back up iPhone or other iDevice using iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
- After backing up iPhone, return to the device and go to Settings ->General->Reset and Erase all content and settings. It is recommended to make the jailbreak process faster but this step is not mandatory.
- Connect your iPhone via the usb data cable and open Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak tool.
- Click on “Jailbreak” and wait for the utility to jailbreak your iPhone.
- After Jailbreak is completed, return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier.
- Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
- Thats it now you have an iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
How To Untether 5.1.1 (if you’re already jailbroken):
Just search for and install “Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether” from Cydia.