I’m writing this article as a lot of people don’t want to risk trying Custom ROMs till they have a sure way of returning to the stock LG ROM/ Firmware just in case something goes wrong and they need to submit the phone to LG. LG will not accept your phone under warranty if it has a Custom ROM on it. So, this article should be a life saver!
First of all, you need the firmware file updating software, which you can download from here : KDZ_firmware_updater
Now, you need the LG firmware repository to download the version of the LG ROM that you need. This is a bit tricky and requires some attention. I know this may confuse some of you but be sure I’ll help anybody who comments on this blog, but then its better to get it done at once rather than wasting your time and hence I request you to read carefully.
Now first I’m explaining how to read the country codes from the firmware country codes page. This is the list of country codes for the firmware: LG P500 firmware country codes
Here, all country codes are given. Now suppose, I want to download the firmware for India, i’ll hit CTRL + F (shortcut for search on browsers) and write INDIA. It’ll display the location of the word INDIA on the page. Now the code will read like :
CDMA LGP500 AINDBK IND/INDIA
Here, AINDBK is the code we need. Lookup the code for your country similarly as mentioned above and copy it somewhere.
Now, the prototype of the download link is this :
First, copy this link, paste it in the notepad. Now get your country code, and replace the XXXXX from the above link with your country code. For example, my link would look like this after replacement :
Now paste this link in the address bar and hit enter. It’ll initiate the download for your firmware.
If you want a different firmware, like the V10B update or the V10C update, just replace the a and A after V10 in the above link (at both places) with the letter of the version you want. Please keep in mind that the case of the letter should be same accordingly. My download link for the V10B update would look like :
Now when you’re all equipped with the requirements, we shall now proceed to the flashing part.
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded the Firmware Updater : KDZ_firmware_updater and extract it.
- Install msxml.msi from the extracted directory
- Connect your phone (don’t Turn On USB storage) and run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe.
- In the window, select Type : 3GQCT
- Also select PhoneMode : DIAG
- In the place where you have to give path for KDZ file, select the ROM you have downloaded using the link you made for your country specific firmware.
- Press Launch software update and wait for about 10 minutes. The screen will then say “Emergency mode”. Just wait and let it reboot.
- You’re back to the LG Stock Firmware!
I hope this article helps you and if you’ve not been using a Custom ROM for the reason mentioned above, now is the time to do so!