With the high end graphic cards coming into the market from Nvidia and ATI gamers were naturally angry or just plain confused as to why Crysis 2 on PC includes pretty much just one all-encompassing setting. Perhaps in response to the popularity of fan-made config tools exposing the game’s finer features, the next patch will include these options.
There’s some great new features coming to Crysis 2, one of the main ones being the new ”Advanced Graphics Options” menu which will allow you to tweak graphics settings beyond the presets.feature to the votekick system which allows voting to be performed with a simple press of the F1 key. To initiate votekicks on players is still the same method as before, however to vote for that kick, all you need to do now is hit the F1 key.
Here is the list of whats being changed and whats fixed.
• Added advanced graphics options
• Added F1 to vote during vote kicks
• Prematch mode for ranked servers added allowing people to fight on the map until
sufficient players have joined for the ranked play to start
• Upped the default score limits in some game modes:
• – Crash Site has a limit of 175 (was 150)
• – Team Instant Action has a limit of 75 (was 50)
• – Instant Action has a limit of 30 (was 25)
• Fixed vote kicking not working for players with certain characters in their name
• Fixed ping display displaying 1000 for many servers in the PC server browser
• Fixed issue where terrain would be rendered in black on some levels
• Fixed single player save games with broken nano catalyst values (NB: This is for
existing save games!)
• Fixed under-barrel attachment HUD displaying incorrectly
• Fixed minor ‘Loadout Pro’ exploit
• Fixed issue with being melee’d during a ledge grab (which could lead to fly exploits)
• Fixed some AI spawning issues in single player
• Fixed rare crash in single player
• Fixed an audio loop issue on the single player level “Semper Fi”
• Fixed an issue with the DLC store which could lead to players not being able to access the purchase history tab. Players can now access this tab, and from there download their DLC straight into their game and have it auto installed for them
• Fixed other cosmetic issues in the DLC store
• Fixed Light Shotgun attachment skill assessment not being levelled up
• Optimization to SSAO
• Further Anti cheat improvements
• Tweaked in-game audio dialogue (player taunts, announcements, etc) to be more diverse with more content for more events
• Mystery dog tags unlocked whilst not connected to a server will now remain unlocked
• Players that have rebooted will no longer be able to enter “New Recruits” servers
Hit the source for the more balance changes,if you like.
Seems the patch cycle should slow down after this one; now the only major item left should be DirectX 11 support.The DirectX 11 support patch is “not too far away” .Console players can expect their own version of the patch shortly as well.The update is not too far away and once the crysis team decides on a definite date set for release it would be out.