This year at the MWC 2010 showed us something which was least expected as compared to Windows phone.Symbian foundation has announced today the S^3 platform.This comes as a surprise after they moved into open source which gave us great delight for the future updates.The company promises that S^3 will be complete by the end of the first quarter and provide amazing options to maximize the potentials of our cellphones.Some of the features what it would come is
- More friendly user interface
- Switch cellular to WLAN automatically if WLAN network found.
- Ability to play movies 1080p thanks to HDMI support.
- Backward compatible with existing devices back upto S60 3.1
- Better support for hardware acceleration – S^3 provides the hardware to provide maximum visual enhancements.
- Multitasking capability -Allows to run more apps simultaneously there by increasing efficiency.
- Multi touch support
- Addition of social networking options like Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Download lyrics and album art for any song via store integration feature.
Can’t wait when Q1 passes by and we can get hands on features of Symbian ^3.Are you eager enough.Once this is out future chances of version ^4 may come too.What do you feel ?